LOS ANGELES – ITS America Events has officially opened registration for the ITS World Congress (ITSWC) 2022. Hosted in partnership with ITS America, ERTICO, and ITS Asia-Pacific, and produced by RX (Reed Exhibitions), the premier global intelligent transportation systems (ITS) conference and exhibition will take place at the Los Angeles Convention Center from September 18-22, 2022 (Conference: September 18-22 | Exhibit Hall: September 19-22).
“We look forward to welcoming transportation leaders from across the world to ITS World Congress and Los Angeles, a city that is transforming with investments in transit, digital infrastructure, and a focus on equitable mobility,” said Laura Chace, President & CEO of ITS America. “We’re thrilled to bring people together to showcase the latest innovations in intelligent transportation systems that are helping us realize our vision of a safer, greener, smarter, and more equitable future.”
ITS World Congress 2022 will bring together thousands of world leaders, practitioners, policymakers, researchers, and the private sector to advance the global intelligent transportation systems (ITS) industry. This year’s event, the first time back in the United States since 2014, is expected to draw nearly 300 organizations to show off their latest developments in the exhibition area.
“The ITS World Congress rotates across the globe each year and attracts influential industry professionals and key stakeholders—people who come to the event to source the latest technologies and ITS solutions, make key decisions for their cities, states, and transportation systems, and actively seek out the latest products and trends,” said Jaime McAuley, ITS America Events’ event director. “ITS World Congress 2022 is a must-attend event for individuals looking for new, innovative technologies in intelligent transportation. Los Angeles is a world leader for advancing transportation technology and providing safer, more affordable choices for its communities. The city provides the perfect setting to convene global discussions on reshaping transportation.” The conference portion of the ITS World Congress will provide attendees with educational and action-focused networking opportunities, including:
- High-level Policy Roundtable (Invitation Only): The High-level Policy Roundtable has always been a premier event, and this year is no different. This roundtable will focus on equitable sustainability – building a resilient, socially just future through sustainable climate technologies. The roundtable will focus on how infrastructure investment can advance global climate goals, grow job access, and promote a more equitable future. It will convene public and private sector leaders, including ministers, mayors, and industry executives.
- Emerging Leaders Program: The Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) strives to discover the “new age” of the transportation workforce by engaging students and developing young professionals globally to become involved in the field of mobility and transportation through competition and exposure. It is designed for college and university students of various disciplines interested in mobility and technology. The registered teams were asked to identify a challenge under-served communities face and design a technology solution that provides needed mobility access. Winners will be showcased in conjunction with the ITS World Congress. In addition, the ELP will bring students from Los Angeles area schools to the event to participate in educational programming, interactive activities, exhibit tours, and demonstrations.
- Global Innovation Competition: The 2022 Global ITS Innovation Competition connects innovators, government, start-up funders, talent, and others in the innovation technology markets to find new ways to use automation, connectivity, sustainable technology, and other technology solutions to advance safer, greener, and smarter transportation. It presents an opportunity for start-ups to showcase bold, new solutions to the challenge of how we will live and move in the future. North American and global winners will be announced at the ITSWC.
- Emergency Response Day: Tasked with the crucial mission to increase the personal safety of responders and motorists while restoring mobility for emergency, commercial, and passenger traffic, Emergency Response Day 2022 will focus on emerging technology-based problems and solutions responders will face in evolving Smart City infrastructure environments.
The theme for this year’s ITS World Congress is “Transformation by Transportation,” which will include the following topics:
- Digital Infrastructure
- Equitable and Seamless Mobility
- Intelligent, Connected, and Automated Vehicles
- Organizing for Successful Policy and Governance, Business Models, and International Cooperation
- Path to Vision Zero
- Sustainability and Resiliency
- Technology from Entry to Last Mile
AECOM, a leading infrastructure consulting firm and ITSWC 2022 title sponsor, noted “This is a transformational moment for transportation, as new technologies, once-in-a-generation government funding and ambitious goals for sustainability are converging. The decisions we make today will have implications not just in the way people and goods move in the future, but in improving safety, protecting the planet, and ensuring that access and benefits are shared by all. As a global leader in advancing transportation infrastructure and solutions, AECOM is looking forward to being part of the critical discussions and thought leadership that are a hallmark of ITS World Congress events.” said Jennifer Aument, Global Transportation Chief Executive at AECOM.
ITS America Events will continue to provide regular updates on the planning process and resources for ITS America World Congress. For more information, please visit https://www.itsamericaevents.com/world-congress.